Monday, February 9, 2009

It Just Goes On and On

It just goes on and on around here with Granny Annie.
What you are viewing is my very first afghan that I ever made. I don't know what year I made it though. I would have to guesstimate that it is at least ten years old.
Ok, so I got a little carried away. My first afghan measures out to over 8ft. by 5ft. Hey no laughing! So I went a bit overboard. Don't forget that this was my first afghan. But in all honesty, when I was making it, the afghans just measured out to short for me. Because my hubby is tall and I just wanted a big afghan that we all could use when we were watching t.v. or something. I didn't want one that left your feet hanging out and came only up to your chest.
But here are a few more pics with the details more visible. I didn't take care when washing my first afghans so it has a lot of those little pills (fuzzy balls) on it.
I got the directions for this afghan in "I can't believe I'm crocheting" booklet by Leisure Arts. I'm not sure, but maybe someone could tell me, that I can't scan the directions of the pattern to this post because of copy right reasons. I'm not sure though how that works and I don't want to get in trouble. So that's why I just informed you where the pattern came from.
Right now it's been sitting in my closet. Maybe I could wash it up and give it to my daughter who has her own home now.
I'm still working on my unborn grandson's baby blanket and that it coming along nicely.
I just ♥ to crochet. It's so much fun!
Please leave a comment. I would love to visit your webpages or blogs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry but I can't help but chuckle over how big it is.. you were one brave girl to keep crocheting and crocheting till it was that big.. I'd been bored to death before it was half done... but it's very pretty and you did a fab job for your first project.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

I remember when you made this one! I wasn't sure if you still had it or not. =)

Anonymous said...

I always thought this one was so pretty. I just love the color. You make so many beautiful things. I really like the way you have your teacups displayed on your side bar to.